It’s official: it’s patio season.
With the record-breaking temperatures this week, who could resist indulging in a cold bevvie or two in the sunshine?
Here are eight of our favourite Victoria spots to soak up some rays with a cold one in hand.
1) Canoe Brewpub is the most obvious choice downtown, because its patio is huge, gorgeous and overlooking the water for incredible sunsets. The only drawback is that it’s so obvious that it can be a bit hard to snag a spot on a nice day. If you make the cut, enjoy Wine Tuesdays and pitchers of sangria and mojitos — plus beer brewed right on site.
2) A lesser known harbour-front alternative is Lido Waterfront Bistro. Sit at the bar and watch the seaplanes come and go as you eat one of their super tasty pizzas. Heads up: throughout April, Lido is only open Wednesday to Sunday.
3) The Steamship Grill & Bar is a new-ish waterfront option in the historic Steamship Terminal building. The large patio is heated and covered, making for all-season enjoyment. Plus they offer buck-a-shuck oysters and drink specials from 3 to 5 p.m.
4) If you can handle taking a step back from the water, 10 Acres Bistro has a sweet covered patio and $5 happy hour drinks. Note: this is also an awesome weekend brunch spot. Plus, they take resos until 6:45 p.m.
5) Moving outside of the downtown core, Glo Restaurant and Lounge has what is quite possibly the nicest patio in Victoria, with amazing views of the Selkirk Waterway and Trestle. They have a wicked happy hour from 2 to 5 p.m., with plenty of food and drink specials.
6) If you’re down in Cook Street Village, The Beagle Pub offers up a sunny spot for a pint. Your view is mostly of the side of Oxford Foods, which is not the world’s most appealing sight, but the sunshine and the tuna tataki lettuce wraps help make up for it. Between 2 and 4 p.m., The Beagle offers $7 appies, including their top-notch poutine and mini cheese burgers.
7) The Fernwood Inn also has a surprisingly sunny south-facing patio with happy hour specials on beer, wine and cocktails. Try their new blackberry sangria, made with red wine, blackberry Somersby cider and soda. We’re thirsty just thinking about it.
8) Head across the bridge to Lure Restaurant & Bar at the Delta and take in a sweet view of the city. Chill on the comfy couches while sipping a summery cocktail in April. Oh how we love #TheVicLife.
What did we miss? Add your faves in the comments below.